Friday, June 27, 2014

Runner's High


  1. [Runner's high - is said to occur when people exercise so strenuously that their bodies reach a certain threshold. It is suggested that endorphins are responsible for this state. Endorphins are released during long, continuous workouts of moderate to high intensity, corresponding to prolonged physical stress.]

    With every run, my main goal is to achieve, "Runner's High." Why? It's because its the best feeling when you can just run forever without breaking or slowing down. Just a constant speed without worrying about anything. Your mind is so clear of stress and just puts a smile on your face. It also feels good when you still have that high after your run. 



    According to my research and the definition up above. In order to reach that high, you need to push yourself to your limit, in order for your body to reach that high. Maybe that is the reason why I'm stubborn when it comes to running through my pain or run when others say I shouldn't but that's not the way to achieve it. I remember when I reached my high during my second time running 13 miles. At mile 7, I started to feel like I was floating. I didn't feel pain where I usually would feel it. My brain was focused and my breathing was relaxed. 



    Right there is when I told myself that I should aim my body to get that, "runner's high." Yet, that was the only time I felt like that on my own runs but when I started running at race events. Now I wasn't sure if it was the same feeling as being pumped up but it had a similar effect on me. 

    Yet, being pumped up at the beginning of the race isn't good because you tend to end up sprinting. Which you end up using up all your energy. So technically it has the same effect but one hits earlier.  Which is a no go for me.  So do your best to achieve this feeling. Once you there, your unstoppable.