Sunday, June 15, 2014

Enduring the pain!

This is the first time in a long time that I have ever felt so much pain. Well I started foam rolling my legs and oh the pain. haha! 


So I was looking up on youtube about certain techniques on how to roll your calves, quads and ITB. Oh man it was painfully good, haha! Well mostly painful. I just hope it is not as painful later on as I continue to roll. Overall, I hope that by doing this. It will help increase my performance as a runner and help my muscles better. 


So if you can endure the pain, you will be able appreciate the gains. What kind of gains? Personally, I have yet to try rolling before a run but when I do. I will end up putting up another post but this whole week is going to be focusing on rolling my legs. So no running till the weekend for me. Since I've done 20 miles this weekend. 

After rolling my legs, they feel too tender and sore. I think that is a good thing right? I think rolling will become my painful addiction. We will see. Like many of you have heard. "No pain, No Gain." or for the Marines, "Pain is just weakness leaving the body." Rolling will bring you pain.. a good kind of pain.